Nov 4, 2013

The reason why I decided to produce this show.

Hi! I'm SATOKO, the producer and presenter of this show.

This show is only 15 minutes show, so I probably will never have chance to tell you
why I started this show.
So I will take advantage of handiness of "BLOG" and allow me to explain.



SANUKI-ENGLISH TV 
I am producing Ustream TV show about life and living in Kagawa for foreigners in Kagawa, Japan, in English.


Launching Nov.14th 2013


This was one of the biggest dream of mine.


I have had this dream since 12, but the form of it and structure has changed and grown.
Please allow me to tell a story of my dream and how I got the point "almost there".

My first encounter of my dream was 12.
I in some how hooked on to American Movies from age 12.

It's called "Filmmaking".
"Unusual suspects" and "A perfect world" left me a huge impression.
These films made me want to be a "storyteller in motion pictures".

"Motion Pictures" 
That is the first keyword.


Soon, I noticed my family can not afford me to study film at university.
Then, I decided to go to Ireland to study English, instead.

While I was in Dublin, Ireland,
I'd noticed so many great shops and interesting people are around in Dublin.
I wanted let a lots of people know about these shops and great human stories.
Especially for Japanese people in Dublin.
The reason was so simple....
It took me 1.5 years to start really enjoying Dublin.
Up till then, it was so hard for me to reach those fun information,
also I was not confident enough with my English to talk with total stranger.

So in order to let Japanese people know about Town Information,
I was working on "Free Paper" for Japanese people about Dublin.
However, when I was at working on it...... I found that I was going to be a mother!!
(Well, well, well..... I was so shocked that my free paper could never seen a day light...)


"FREE" "TOWN INFORMATION" "For non-locals" 
Those are the second key words.



A few years later, we decided to move back to Kagawa, Japan where is my hometown.
While I was trying to running my own English-classes, I started to work for
local international association.
I'd learned how to teach Japanese language as foreign language.
But the most important thing I learned was foreign people here in Kagawa are
struggling with the same matter as my first 1.5 years in Dublin.
"Not knowing where to go to get what".

Other thing I encounter and moved me was the way of thinking called
"Multicultural Symbiotic Societies".

Japan is a country still behind regarding to multicultural societies.
The government gives rights to foreigners to live in Japan,
but not so much support after giving them visa.
Where to get further language education?
Where to get medical attention in own language?
What number to call police?

I do not allow anyone in Kagawa to get stopped by a police and getting ticket,
just because they did not have a way to get information.


"Multicultural Symbiotic Societies"
That is the third key word.



Now, in 2013.
A friend of mine started working for a new very interesting studio.
You can make your own video show with professional equipments.
You can use it to make your online commercials, or Education video at this studio.

She needed someone to use the studio.

"Place & Equipments"
That is the last key word.

These 4 key words started mixing together in my head.


Now I can do a project that those keywords all together.
And this could help someone out there.

This show is not only for foreigners in Kagawa, but also for friends and family members of foreigners in Japan.
And not to mention for Japanese people to understand more that "GAIJIN" is nothing to afraid of.

With my experiences that...
 being a foreigner in Ireland,
fact that my husband is American and I've seen him struggle in everyday life, here and there,
and most importantly ME being a local who loves own hometown
and I am proud of where I come from,
...those all in one jar called SANUK-ENGLISH TV could provide something interesting.

Of course with all of your help of sending us suggestion.

That's how this TV show started.

I would like to make this show that viewers' opinion easily reflected on the show.
If it turn into the way as viewers make this show through me.

I appreciate your support in advance.

Thank you.


<<What's this show about??>>
 We broadcast Ustream show about town information for foreigners in English in Kagawa, Japan.
Useful information to make your everyday life in Kagawa easier.
Meaning of well used "KANJI signs", How to handle in case of natural disaster, Events info...

Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/sanukenglishtv


TWITTER
https://twitter.com/sanuk_english


BLOG
http://sanuk-english-tv.blogspot.jp/

No comments:

Post a Comment